Monday, July 7, 2014

Not Aarquelle Highlands Fencing Camp

Rather, this is the drive up and back, which was awesome, because I actually left early enough on Friday that I wasn't in a huge hurry. Plus I knew it was gonna be ridiculously hot in the Springs in Sunday, so I was quite willing to take my sweet time getting home.

I got lunch on the way up, at a lovely little place called Mountain Burger in Florissant.They have dog treats at the drive-through window, but not cat treats (understandably so). So instead they gave Loiosh a spare hamburger patty.

...he was pretty pleased with it.


The two-legger food was pretty good, too, and I wound up stopping again on my way home Sunday.

I'm always surprised at the beauty of Colorado's mountains. I can't get enough of them.



Loiosh was...less impressed, but at least he found something to sniff at.


Mom can we GO now?


Mom?


So we got back on the road. But what a road it is!


On the way up we drove past Antero Reservoir, and it looked like it might be an interesting place to stop on the way back, so we did.

Nearly the first thing I saw (well, other than the largish body of water) was a whole lot of really, really angry swallows flying around hollering at us.


Turns out they had reason, though.


I spotted a couple of babies peeking out but didn't want to stay close for too long -- the birds were already upset enough, especially with Loiosh right there.

Loiosh, on the other hand, was more concerned with the wind. MOM IT IS TOO WINDY CAN WE GET BACK IN THE CAR MOM MOM


DO WE HAVE TO GET CLOSE TO THE WATER MOM WE ALREADY DID THAT TODAY


MOM THE WIND IS BLOWING WATER AT ME I'M GONNA GO HIDE


I made him stick around for a little, though, long enough to listen to the waves and get a couple of pictures. I mean, look at it, it's just gorgeous.






MOM REALLY MOM I AM SO DONE


The thing that really excites me about this place, though, is the little campground -- complete with RV spaces, bathrooms, and a couple of picnic shelters. No fee. Standard 14 days max stay with 7 days in between. Poof! A perfect boondocking spot. I'll definitely be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment