Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Aarquelle Highlands Fencing Camp

I am getting happier and happier with how my booth is looking. I finally got my sign up!

Yeah, it's a little crooked, but I fixed it after I took the picture, and I also finally figured out how to hang it from my table as well. That's something to cross off the list!


I also (finally) got the tablecloths properly cut and hemmed. The front corners of the lavender one are, in fact, curved just right so the corners don't drag on the ground.

 

If you click on this picture you might be able to see the deer that Loiosh is looking at. I asked if he wanted venison for dinner, and he said it sounded too much like work if he had to go get it himself.


...right there.


...see?


It's pretty unusual that we actually get to have a firepit that's in the ground here in the Outlands, but there actually weren't any fire restrictions this high up (we were in Buena Vista) so we had a really nice bonfire, with a lot of singing and laughter (and booze). It's been a long, long time since I've had the chance (and energy) to just sit around a campfire at the end of the day. Usually I'm so tired I just go to bed as soon as it's dark.


Also, there were cottonwood trees. (It was, after all, along Cottonwood Creek.)


Cottonwood trees mean cottonwood fluff.


OMG THE COTTONWOOD FLUFF


I'm allergic to the stuff, but my cheapo OTC allergy meds were enough to pretty much take care of it.

Here's the creek:


I took a little time on Sunday to wander around and get pictures of camp. I really, really love period-style canvas tents -- they're so gorgeous, and just so comfortable to camp in. The third pic is the inside framing of one of the round tents -- yes, you can hang your entire wardrobe from those rafters if you want.




Plus what's an event without heraldry?






2 comments:

  1. It amuses me that your first example of heraldic extolement here is a chunk of OSB rather than the pretty standards! ;>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mostly cos I got to it first, I'll admit.

      ...woss OSB stand for?

      Delete