Monday, June 10, 2013

Running Errands

An orange cat sitting in a blue pet stroller.
Friday was a day for running errands. Of course I brought Loiosh -- he has a stroller now, after all!
I couldn't bring him into the first place I stopped (the post office) and decided to leave him in the car for the second stop, too -- fortunately it was cool and quite rainy, so the only thing I risked was him hollering at me for leaving him in the car (he's got a point, I have to admit).

The second stop was County Line Nursery, one of two shops in southeastern PA that carries my stuff. I wanted to check on their inventory (they still have plenty, though I got a very nice consignment check from them) and to take some pictures of my products in their shop for the wholesale page. Alas, my camera was acting up and I didn't get any while I was there.

It was working by the time I got to Java Good Day Cafe, though, and I got some nice pictures, and also stocked her up on soap and lip balms (since she'd sold out AGAIN).

tubes of lip balm in a display
Not that I object to this, mind you. I'm pretty fond of it, actually. I left her with twice as many tubes of lip balm as last time, and I'm entirely prepared to do that again pretty soon.

I had lunch there, too -- I almost never eat out, but I can't resist at the cafe, and since I've usually got a pocketful of cash from sales I figure I might as well treat myself a little. This time I had an egg salad sandwich -- no celery, which I hate -- it had chopped-up roasted red peppers instead, and oh my GODS was that tasty. On a lovely buttery croissant, which did result in a certain amount of egg salad on the plate, but that's the risk you take and I was perfectly willing to scoop up the last little bits with the spoon from my (also delightful) hot chocolate.

Lest this turn into a restaurant review (not an actual risk, as I haven't got the patience), let's get back to our roots: it really is all about the cat.

He took a bit of a wander around the shop...

an orange cat standing on a couch, wearing a leash


(Courtesy of Ann, the proprietor, who hung onto his leash for me while I poked at my intermittently-cooperating camera...)

he's still on the couch, but now you can see the woman holding his leash


...but spent most of the visit comfortably ensconced in his stroller.


And now he's back in his stroller.


He's really very fond of the thing, and that makes me a very happy catmomma.

No comments:

Post a Comment